contact

Sunday, April 29, 2012

When is a painting finished is one of the questions that plague an artist. My answer is  when I can think of no where else to add paint or it goes out the door. Hopefully both scenarios are in agreement. In January I did a demo and tried to keep it simple for me. I was pleased with it as a demo but not as a painting. Eventually it came back to me that there was not enough happening to balance the busy bouquet. So here we go.

 
Searching  for a painting  I began to draw with my oil pastels. There is always a point where you see what the composition  needs.


 I like the way it is moving but it is obvious the apple has to go away. That is the fun and the power as long as it is my painting I can be the decision maker. It is all about what I want. Life is great when you can have your way and just wipe out what you do not like.

Flowers and Sweetgrass Basket
Apple  is gone but there was a need for more tangerines and color in the window. It is always about balancing color for me.
This was finally finished and sign . So the answer is 31/2 months later I decide I have done all I can. 
 Flowers and Sweetgrass Basket is now ready for the Art and Flower Show at Colleton River Plantation, Sunday May 6, 2012.  

4 comments:

  1. So excited you have started a blog. Now I can keep in closer touch with you. Love this painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jerry we always end up in the same place thanks for finding me.

      Delete
  2. Always love seeing your paintings. This one is beautiful and loved hearing your thought process! Amazing!! Paint what you love- love what you paint...XO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks kathy You are a great cheering section. Love

      Delete